How It Works
- Order information is easily entered into ATC’s WMS system.
- Orders are packed (by store or order) by the supplier using simple ATC labelling instructions.
- Orders are consolidated into one export shipment and are sent to ATC. Copies of the international documents are emailed to ATC.
- ATC provides fast answers to US Customs questions and notifies the client upon arrival.
- Within 24-48 hours, the individual orders are shipped from ATC’s warehouse to the US customer, in guaranteed compliance with the customer’s domestic shipping guidelines.
- On date of dispatch, the client is notified of tracking info and freight costs.
- CODs, returns, address changes and cancelled orders are coordinated quickly and correctly.
Benefits of Cross-Docking
- US Customers are happier to receive goods from a local warehouse instead of as an import.
- There is an “educated anchor” in the US to assist when problems arise regarding an import.
- US warehousing costs are incredibly low.
- Stock is not tied up sitting in a US warehouse.
- There is no guessing as to what US customers will purchase.
- US Customs questions are handled by ATC, not the US customer.
- Import fees are reduced by consolidating international shipments to one location.
- Wholesale and retail pricing is easier to calculate.
- US freight costs can be passed onto the customer.
- Returns are managed affordably.
- Cancelled orders can be quickly redirected to other customers.